Russell H. Plante is an Engineering Physicist with a diverse engineering and academic background in Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, and Business Administration. He has held positions as a systems engineer with Automation Industries, Inc., a project engineer in Kalwall Corp’s Solar Division, and with the Department of Defense as a Branch Head in Control Engineering, Welding Engineering, and Quality Control Engineering Analysis.
A skilled technical writer, he is a previously published author of non-fiction with John Wiley & Sons, Inc. for his book entitled, “Solar Domestic Hot Water – A Practical Guide to Installation and Understanding” and with Academic Press (Elsevier) for his book entitled, “Solar Energy – Photovoltaics and Domestic Hot Water : A Technical & Economic Guide for Project Planners, Builders, and Property Owners”. He has received awards for Solar Building Engineering Design from the State of Maine Office of Energy Resources and from the U.S. Department of Energy for Energy Innovation Technologies.
In addition to non-fiction, his first novel was released from a traditional publisher in 2016 entitled, “Journey Home – A Cat’s Tale”; a story about the life of a homeless cat, searching for a new home, and endeavoring to understand why he was abandoned – a journey of self-discovery that relates to all of us. His second novel entitled, “Beware the Dither Bird” was released December 7th, 2018. It is an adult, political, contemporary novel based upon actual national events, unheeded warnings about failing policies, and the associated indifference to inaction – a philosophical story about perceived decadence in a transitory period of time for a changing nation, and about scientific speculation versus science fiction and fantasy. The story is an eye-opening profile of things to come.
He has recently completed his third novel, “A Sense of Purpose”, a companion story to his first novel, is currently completing a fourth novel for middle grade readers, and has initiated a fifth novel under another genre as an adult philosophical science fiction story.
- “Solar Domestic Hot Water : A Practical Guide to Installation and Understanding”
- “Solar Energy – Photovoltaics and Domestic Hot Water : A Technical & Economic Guide for Project Planners, Builders, and Property Owners”
Book Trailer: https://youtu.be/rizsOejexBM
- “Journey Home – A Cat’s Tale”
Book Trailer: https://youtu.be/RHWQJXrs8ac
- “Beware the Dither Bird”
Book Trailer: https://youtu.be/irLDk8fGaEE
- “A Sense of Purpose” – Coming Soon –
- “The Path Before Me” – Coming Soon –
- Website: www.russellhplante.com
- Facebook Link: www.facebook.com/russellhplante
- Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/russellhplante
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/russellhplante/
- Other links: Find Maine Writers http://www.find.mainewriters.org/writers/russell_h_plante